- We are more driven than we desire. We are more demanding than we need to be. With ‘Capricorn excellence’ as a mantra, be careful to not go into perfection over-drive. In other words, “Don’t let perfect be the enemy of the good.”
- Clean closets of preconceptions, especially those of ‘achievement.’ With Saturn as our pie in the sky guy, it’s important to remember that it’s how we feel about our achievements, not what we actually achieve in worldly standards.
- Create a new tool box with bright ideas that put fun into the work, because work we will. The goal is to not let it become drudgery, or for the body to exhaust itself. Self care is a huge issue all year, and caring for personal as well as eco-environments are part of our ‘care package.’
- Create a place of refuge, a sanctuary where consciousness and dreams feed one another. Make a mission statement to be fully woke, in order to wake others. ‘Accountability’ is part of the Capricorn lexicon.
- Don’t be idealistic without being realistic. Rather, pedal to the metal with careful planning, and viable strategies for new, steamy-dreamy ‘vroom-vroom.’
THE STORY The tailwinds of big shift off last weekend’s Eclipse, and Uranian forward thrust embed themselves in this weekend’s regenerative, power hungry Pluto/ Sun embrace. Some transformation is being demanded of ego and identity.
The hard questions are: “Do I want to change my ID? Do I feel manipulated? If so, how? Am I manipulating? Am I willing to uncover hidden information and agendas? Willing to eliminate old secrets so that a light of greater understanding emerges? Am I willing to release tired toxicity? How about my power issues? Pluto’s lessons always teach the right use of will and power. Unfortunately, we often learn by badly using power over others as training wheels to the ultimate aphrodisiac of wielding power over self. When we attain the nirvana of healed wounds, and overcome the seduction of power over, then the transformative renewal of ego emerges.
Ravi Zacharias said, “The longest journey in life is the one from the head to the heart.” Speeding this journey are the odd, counterpoint energies of Pluto and Sun dancing with Jupiter squaring Neptune. It’s a BIG screen weekend! Visualize Neptune’s charismatic, artistic colors radiated 10 X by Jupiter’s abundant zest and ebullient-vroom. It’s most meritorious aspect may be that it lightens the over-whelming Capricorn heaviness, of ‘bottom line’ energies taking precedence all month. The light-filled, hope of Jupiter squaring Neptune’s spirit of ONE-ness helps make better use of Capricorn’s practical, all too real demands. It also supports and sustains any work we can do on validating self, as well as spreading joy by validating someone else. You know this, but it’s good to remember at this time. Offer time and attention as your gift. This fuels your gas line, AND theirs for happy vroom-vroom!
YOUR BIRTHDAY WEEK: As stated last week- “Oooolalala you Capricorns!” Need I write that this is a highly transformative birthday! Ask yourself, ‘who do you wish to be?’ Listen to a possibly surprising answer. What is unrealistic can be tossed, to make room for what the Universe is offering. Depending on how you have managed the pressure of this past year, 2019 promises gifts from your efforts. Capricorn energy dominates into 2020, asking you to step up to your best self, again and again. The good news? You like it, and you can do it. Take a birthday scan to see what needs dropping by the wayside. Too much responsibility and CEO-demand deplete your essential Self. Be kind to you first, and all else follows. I stand in awe!
YOUR PRACTICE THIS WEEK: Shake it up, Babeee. Be strong, be aligned with true grit. Lots of Chaturanga! Lots of Uttanasana with head-shaking. Spend still moments in Salamba Sirsasana, as well as Agnistamboula. Remember to ‘Align it with your New Year intentions.’ Create strength to withstand; stretch to reach across the great divide; softness to receive; and alignment to re-structure. Reach out beyond yourself and old patterns to bring body, mind, and heart into the Buddha-light within.
There will be no Sat. or Sun. classes until Jan. 26-27.
Wed. Classes on the 16th, at laughing Dog, are subbed by Jennifer Cooper, and Elgar Pichler
Astrological Consultations: Planetary wisdom offers a timely look at one’s life from an objective, non-judgmental point of view. As you begin fall’s journey asking, “How do I wish to use my inherent genius? How can I move more deeply into my healing? How do I plan an abundant future?” Then let us swim in your life together, in wonderful discovery. Email email@example.com